REFINE TAI CHI QIGONG 1 program ONLINE
- MWF for 6 weeks, starting Jan 23
Taught by Steven Sy, ONLINE using Zoom Platform
MWF for 6 weeks, starting Jan 23, 2023
Each session runs from 12:00pm - 1:00pm approx. (EASTERN STANDARD TIME -- [UTC-5 ] )
9:00am - 10:00am approx. (PACIFIC STANDARD TIME -- [UTC-8 ])
6:00pm - 7:00pm approx. (EUROPEAN STANDARD TIME -- [UTC+1 ])
INTRO Tai Chi Qigong 1 program OR
Ability to do Tai Chi 1 form beginning to end AND willingness to change form to style as directed by Steven
The Goal of this Program is to be a second-tier course in Tai Chi Qigong 1, to follow the intro course in Tai Chi 1 where the form is learned at a rudimentary level. This program will also provide a comprehensive and personalized refinement to the Tai Chi Qigong 1 form, along with supportive theory from the Tai Chi classics.
The Tai Chi Qigong 1 form [Alignment Form] is a 13-movement rooted Tai Chi form that contains many higher-level components that one can add, after the basic form is learned. Great movement way to get grounded!
Primary focus is not to learn the Tai Chi 1 form as a beginner, but instead to refine the Tai Chi Qigong 1 form, so the mechanics match good Tai Chi principles. A large part of the class will consist of personalized attention on how you can improve the form.
Approach taken (different from other instructors) is huge focus on how to do Tai Chi in a rooted way, strongly connected to the ground, and in a way that is consistent with the Tai Chi classics.
While the predominant focus is on improvement of physical and emotional health, a careful eye will be given to the relevant self-defense applications contained within the form.
- Week 1: Jan 23, 25, 27: TAI CHI 1 (Review of Bow Walking and Tai Chi 1 Form, Basic Form Correction)
- Week 2: Jan 30, Feb 1, 3: TAI CHI 1 (Basic Form Correction, Form Refinement)
- Week 3: Feb 6, 8, 10: TAI CHI 1 (Form Refinement)
- Week 4: Feb 13, 15, 17: TAI CHI 1 (Form Refinement)
- Week 5: Feb 20, 22, 24: TAI CHI 1 (Form Refinement, Flow Training)
- Week 6: Feb 27, Mar 1, 3: TAI CHI 1 (Intro to Intermediate Level Skills)
Many of the recordings of the PRACTICE sets from the Intro Tai Chi Qigong 1 program will be available for viewing up to Apr 15, in addition to the occasional supplementation when appropriate of additional recordings. Focus in this class is less on instruction in "new material" and more on your personal improvement with form refinement as guided and supported by the instructor.
Each class will have THEORY and PRACTICE. Theory is not recorded. PRACTICE is in the recorded PRACTICE set.
Most of the class time will be spent actually doing the Tai Chi practice, with periodic breaks to highlight key points or theory from the Tai Chi classics.
- IF enrollment in THIS course is sufficient, a follow-up course in "Intermediate + Advanced Tai Chi 1" will follow after this course, along with courses in Tai Chi 2 and 3.
- The follow-up program Intermediate + Advanced Tai Chi Qigong 1 moves into many intermediate and higher-level skills not covered in THIS course, but whose skills require the high level of proficiency in the form that THIS class provides.
- NOTE: The follow-up program Intermediate + Advanced Tai Chi Qigong 1 is restricted enrollment to those who had this course Refine Tai Chi Qigong 1.
- Tai Chi 2 and 3 are totally separate Tai Chi forms that one can learn after developing some competency in this Tai Chi 1 form.
- We will allow a short time after each session for questions and answers.
- This is NOT a certification course. Those who wish to get certified will need additional training (see Intermediate + Advanced Tai Chi Qigong 1) as well as meet additional requirements that are not self-contained in this program.
- That said, in lieu of certification, I'm happy to evaluate your form at the end (if you are curious) and give you a "digital rating certificate", as a measure of personal achievement and as a self-measure of your own development. Cost: $20
In total, I look forward to having you join the "REFINE Tai Chi Qigong 1 program ONLINE".
If anyone has any questions in advance of the class,
Steven may be contacted at his email address: steven [at] spiritualtao [dot] com.