2nd REFINE + INTMD TAI CHI QIGONG 1 program ONLINE
- MWF for 6 weeks, starting Mar 13
Taught by Steven Sy, ONLINE using Zoom Platform
MWF for 6 weeks, starting Mar 13, 2023
Each session runs from 12:00pm - 12:55pm approx. (EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME -- [UTC-4 ] )
9:00am - 9:55am approx. (PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME -- [UTC-7 ])
5:00pm - 5:55pm approx. (EUROPEAN *STANDARD TIME -- [UTC+1 ]) [*until start of Week 3]
REFINE Tai Chi Qigong 1 program
NOTE: This course is NOT open to those who did not take the REFINE Tai Chi Qigong 1 program.
Students will only be allowed to enroll if they have completed the REFINE Tai Chi Qigong 1 program.
The Goal of this Program is to be a third-tier course in Tai Chi Qigong 1, to follow the second-tier REFINEMENT course in Tai Chi 1 where the form is refined from the INTRO course at a rudimentary level. This third-tier program 2nd REFINE + INTERMEDIATE TAI CHI QIGONG 1 will extend the refinement of the Tai Chi Qigong 1 form to a higher level than in the REFINE TAI CHI QIGONG 1 course, and continue to finish beginner level training in Form Mechanics. It will proceed into the Intermediate Level Tai Chi 1, which focuses less on mechanics and more on the Awakening of Presence. This course also provides supportive theory from the Tai Chi classics.
The Tai Chi Qigong 1 form [Alignment Form] is a 13-movement rooted Tai Chi form that contains many higher-level components that one can add, after the basic form is learned. Great movement way to get grounded!
Primary focus is not to learn the Tai Chi 1 form as a beginner, nor is it to do a first refinement to the form, but it is designed for people who have already spent considerable time refining the form in the REFINE TAI CHI QIGONG 1 program. Students in this class are students who wish to take their refinement to a higher level, as well as to proceed beyond refinement and the beginner levels into the Intermediate Tier. A large part of the class, particularly in the beginning, will consist of personalized attention on how you can improve the form.
Approach taken (different from other instructors) is huge focus on how to do Tai Chi in a rooted way, strongly connected to the ground, and in a way that is consistent with the Tai Chi classics.
While the predominant focus is on improvement of physical and emotional health, a careful eye will be given to the relevant self-defense applications contained within the form.
- Week 1: Mar 13, 15, 17: TAI CHI 1 (Form Refinement)
- Week 2: Mar 20, 22, 24: TAI CHI 1 (Form Refinement)
- Week 3: Mar 27, 29, 31: TAI CHI 1 (Form Refinement, Flow Training)
- Week 4: Apr 3, 5, 7: TAI CHI 1 (Eye-Gaze Training)
- Week 5: Apr 10, 12, 14: TAI CHI 1 (Yin-Yang Separation)
- Week 6: Apr 17, 19, 21: TAI CHI 1 (Yin-Yang Separation, Form Repair)
Recordings of the PRACTICE sets from the Intro Tai Chi Qigong 1 program will be available for viewing up to May 31, in addition to the occasional supplementation when appropriate of additional recordings. Focus in this class is less on instruction in "new material" and more on your personal improvement with form refinement as guided and supported by the instructor, until we transition out of the Form Refinement section into the Intermediate Tier.
Each class will have THEORY and PRACTICE. Theory is not recorded. PRACTICE is in the recorded PRACTICE set.
Most of the class time will be spent actually doing the Tai Chi practice, with periodic breaks to highlight key points or theory from the Tai Chi classics.
- IF enrollment in THIS course is sufficient, a follow-up course in "Intermediate + Advanced Tai Chi 1" will follow after this course, along with courses in Tai Chi 2 and 3.
- The follow-up program Intermediate + Advanced Tai Chi Qigong 1 finishes the intermediate-level training and covers higher-level skills not covered in THIS course, but whose skills require the high level of proficiency in the form that THIS class provides.
- NOTE: The follow-up program Intermediate + Advanced Tai Chi Qigong 1 is restricted enrollment to those who had this course 2nd Refine + Intermediate Tai Chi Qigong 1.
- Tai Chi 2 and 3 are totally separate Tai Chi forms that one can learn after developing some competency in this Tai Chi 1 form.
- We will allow a short time after each session for questions and answers.
- This is NOT a certification course. Those who wish to get certified will need additional training (see Intermediate + Advanced Tai Chi Qigong 1) as well as meet additional requirements that are not self-contained in this program.
- That said, in lieu of certification, I'm happy to evaluate your form at the end (if you are curious) and give you a "digital rating certificate", as a measure of personal achievement and as a self-measure of your own development. Cost: $20
In total, I look forward to having you join the "2nd REFINE + INTMD Tai Chi Qigong 1 program ONLINE".
If anyone has any questions in advance of the class,
Steven may be contacted at his email address: steven [at] spiritualtao [dot] com.