ST101: Qigong Meditation Basics 1 ONLINE
- Sat-Sun Mar 20-21 + Sat-Sun Mar 27-28
Taught by Steven Sy, ONLINE using Zoom Platform
4 days: Sat-Sun Mar 20-21 and Sat-Sun Mar 27-28
Each day runs from 9:30am - 12:30pm and 2:00pm - 4:30pm (EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME -- [UTC-4 ] )
No previous background in qigong or qigong meditation required.
The purpose of this course is to improve one's physical health and emotional health.
Qigong Meditation Basics 1 is a set of meditations designed to release inner tension, increase self-acceptance, open the heart, detoxify negative emotions, balance one's inner energy, and rejuvenate the body. These meditations are combined with soft physical body movements (qigong) to promote health and well-being.
ABOUT QIGONG MEDITATION BASICS 1
We will learn four fundamental meditations for emotional and spiritual well-being:
- Inner Smile Meditation: cultivate self-acceptance and decrease inner conflicts
- Lotus Meditation: balance internal temperature and send love to surroundings
- Six Healing Sounds: detoxify negative emotions and memories
- Classical Microcosmic Orbit: balance inner energy and rejuvenate the body
In addition to the meditations, we will learn some supportive physical qigong:
- Yiquan Standing Meditation: get grounded emotionally through basic standing
- Introduction to Tao Yin Qigong: learn ways to invigorate through basic stretching
- Qigong Basics: soft body movements to stimulate the relaxation response
- Five Animal Frolics: qigong forms mimicking five animals for emotional detox
- Ocean Breathing: simple but powerful soft body movement to increase qi flow
In total, I look forward to sharing "Qigong Meditation Basics 1" with you.
If anyone has any questions in advance of the class,
Steven may be contacted at his email address: steven [at] spiritualtao [dot] com.
NEXT COURSE IN SEQUENCE IS ST102: Qigong Meditation Basics 2
At the end of this course, students will receive an attendance certificate which will identify hours completed in the MANTAK CHIA® system, which may be used toward the certification requirements in his system.
Do you want to be an Associate Instructor or an Instructor? If so, click on Certificate Program for more information.
This course is a main core course in the curriculum.